The Business Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the market and understanding the demand.
Analyze and understand the market
- Develop in-depth understanding of the market dynamics to better understand performance
- Gather and analyze sales data on a weekly basis
- Provide comprehensive sales report on a weekly and monthly basis
- Research competitors and compile data for benchmarking
- Identify potential risks and opportunities to our business
- Provide substantial recommendations to the business based on insights generated
Establish and plan demand
- Develop the risk-balanced monthly demand plan that supports the commercial objectives, reflecting the demand outlook for monthly shipments, consumer sales, and retail closing stock.
- Provide in-depth analysis of current Sales, Shipment and Retail Inventory performance and ensure that the short-term demand plan outlook is incorporated into long-term plans.
- Own the weekly submission of an accurate short-term demand plan that supports the topline and item-level plans.
- Consolidate week over week demand plan changes from Customer Planners and identify demand plan gaps versus the customer’s sales forecast.
Manage the relationship with partners (provincial boards, supply partners)
- Act as the main point of contact for ongoing performance related communication and requests.
- Act as the customers main point of contact for all demand related communication.
- Attend and lead weekly meetings with all partners
- Identifying and assessing issues and opportunities and presenting solutions.
- Paying attention to details while handling fluctuating workloads simultaneously.
- Influencing and motivating both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in French and English.
- High proficiency with Excel and/or demand planning systems.
- University Degree in business-related field with proven experience in business analytics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in CPG or similar industry with demonstrated experience analyzing sales data and market trends
- Experience in relationship management
- In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metrics
- Hands on experience in creating reporting
- Strong financial literacy and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (excel, powerpoint)
- Cannabis industry experience a strong asset
- Power BI knowledge an asset
- You will be reporting to the Account Director
- Your role will be based in Montréal, QC
- We cherish Québec’s culture and values.
- We believe cannabis can help Quebecers and Canadians live better lives.
- We take pride in family, friends and living full, balanced lives.
- Safety and security is critical to the success our business.
- We currently work from two locations in Québec: A 55,000 square-foot cutting-edge facility in Huntingdon and new offices in Montréal’s Villeray neighbourhood.
- Our executives have world-leading experience in government regulated industries.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please note that only applicable candidates with be contacted.