- Works with scheduling, production and warehousing to ensure that appropriate level of raw materials, ingredients, packaging materials and general supplies are maintained to produce product as per the production plan.
- Uses MRP system to maintain inventories and determine packaging and ingredient usage and purchasing needs.
- Creates purchase orders and releases to departments. Creates purchasing plans based on lead times for material, production forecasts and schedules, MRP systems and files, product usage.
- Ensures availability and timely delivery schedules for products or services.
- Expedites delivery of material when required; monitors purchase orders.
- Works with warehouse and suppliers to respond to supply issues on quality and quantity and initiates returns and credits as needed.
- Works closely with QA and other departments to ensure material compliance.
- Works with all internal resources to ensure supply of products, address supply shortages and provide alternatives, assists in budgeting and planning for business plans.
- Investigates physical inventory vs reports.
- Assists supply chain team with physical inventory count.
- Collaborates with vendors on cost savings for plant supplies; works with corporate sources on supply contracts where applicable.
- Maintains and analyzes appropriate stock level of raw materials.
- Monitors and reports material cost variances through purchases.
- Handle special assignments.
Primary Interactions: Marketing & Sales, QA, R&D, Supply Chain team, Vendors, Finance, and 3rd party partners and providers.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office and strong ability to use Excel.
- Solid understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
- Knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices and scheduling techniques.
- Strong analytical, communication and judgement skills.
- Bilingual (French and English) with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational, negotiation and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, ideally developed within CPG, Pharma industries.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Purchasing, Material Management and/or Inventory Control in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor in operations management, logistic or equivalent
- Actively pursuing the PMAC accreditation designation or willing to enroll in the program.
- The site is located at Huntingdon. Minimum of 3 days required on site per week.
- We cherish Québec’s culture and values.
- We believe cannabis can help Québecers and Canadians live better lives.
- We take pride in family, friends and living full, balanced lives.
- Safety and security is critical to the success our business.
- We currently work from two locations in Québec: A 55,000 square-foot cutting-edge facility in Huntingdon and new offices in Montréal’s Villeray neighbourhood.
- Our executives have world-leading experience in government regulated industries.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your cv for our review and let us know why ROSE is a perfect fit for you Please note that only applicable candidates with be contacted.
Job posting closes on May 1st 2021