How you can contribute:
You will oversee all aspects of corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting
- Plan and coordinate all accounting operational functions, including supervision of accounting team
- Oversee financial reporting, prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Drive month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with government and regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinate activities of external auditors
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Work closely with FP&A Manager to review and analyze financial results against budgets
You will be responsible for financial risk management and internal governance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Assist in accounting system improvements and maintenance
- Prepare weekly cashflow forecast
- Act and improve financial processes according to SOX requirements
You will support to manage the Finance team
- Support the day to day of accountabilities assigned to direct team
- Nourish team development and capabilities enhancement needs
- Collaborate with Human Resources in applicable processes, such as Performance Appreciation and training identification.
- Coach and mentor applicable team members in their career growth
You’re really good at:
- Making numbers talk
- Showing leadership, collaboration and great communication to achieve objectives
- Adapting quickly to a quickly evolving environment
- Taking initiative and continuously striving to improve processes
- Working with autonomy, self-motivation and a deep sense of responsibility
- Being a team player
Things we hope you have:
- CPA accounting designation achieved
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting and/or audit within or consulting with a medium to large organization (30+ employees)
- 5 years of experience as Controller
- Solid understanding of a SOX environment
- Cash flow management and Payroll processing knowledge
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Experience working within a FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) environment is an asset
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Ability to adapt and meet deliverables in an ever-evolving environment with rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Knowledge of manufacturing, contract review and other operational abilities is an asset
What you should know about the job:
- You will be reporting to ROSE’s VP of Finance.
- You will be engaging with all levels of the organization
What you should know about ROSE:
- We cherish Québec’s culture and values.
- We believe cannabis can help Québecers and Canadians live better lives.
- We take pride in family, friends and living full, balanced lives.
- Safety and security is critical to the success our business.
- We currently work from two locations in Québec: A 55,000 square-foot cutting-edge facility in Huntingdon and new offices in Montréal’s Villeray neighbourhood.
- Our executives have world-leading experience in government regulated industries.