Head of Quality Assurance
- The Head of Quality Assurance is directly responsible for the approval and quality of all Rose cannabis products. Main responsibilities include assuring quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards, practices, and systems; implementing quality improvement initiatives to raise the performance of Rose’s product lines; and educating and training employees as to their impact in a licensed commercial facility.
How you can contribute:
- Lead the QA department to provide added value for ROSE, clients, and partners by delivering expertise within regulatory and operational quality assurance needs.
- Lead the QA team and company operations toward efficient and lean processes.
- Work together with the leadership team in order to translate corporate goals to departmental goals.
- Facilitate the understanding of the importance of the QA contribution to the organization.
- Ensure that all production activities are carried out as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Collaborate with departments to ensure compliance with Health Canada regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that all production documentation is controlled and secured in accordance with GPP.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating QA staff, creating department efficiencies, and providing leadership support.
- Design and implement methods and procedures for equipment qualification and operation.
- Assures compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards, such as GPP, GDP and other applicable ones.
- Performs internal audits, and vendor evaluations on regular basis.
- Conducts recalls, develop action plans accordingly, if needed.
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Approve cannabis for packaging, labelling, storage, sampling, and testing for release.
You’re really good at:
- Ability to understand, create, and follow documented procedures.
- Autonomous with the ability to develop and nurture teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to work cleanly and methodically.
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and reliably in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent ability to develop relationships and work with cross-functional teams
Things we hope you have:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a basic science or related discipline (preferably chemistry or biochemistry) or relevant working experience would be considered (food or pharma).
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in Quality Assurance in a controlled environment in North America.
- Expert knowledge of production and/or manufacturing practices.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
What you should know about the job:
- The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete criminal and reference checks.
- Required to work weekends and holidays.
- This position requires RCMP clearance.
What you should know about ROSE:
- We cherish Québec’s culture and values.
- We believe cannabis can help Quebecers and Canadians live better lives.
- We take pride in family, friends and living full, balanced lives.
- Safety and security is critical to the success our business.
- We currently work from two locations in Québec: A 55,000 square-foot cutting-edge facility in Huntingdon and new offices in Montréal’s Villeray neighbourhood.
- Our executives have world-leading experience in government regulated industries.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out (with relevant information and background materials) and let us know why ROSE is a perfect fit for you.