Job summary :
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Finished Product Supervisor, the Labeling Technician is responsible for all tasks related to the printing production line, ensuring that the quality and accuracy of labels meet company standards.
- Receive and process label requests from line managers and production supervisors; create labels in a timely manner to ensure product delivery deadlines are met.
- Support the purchasing department in controlling incoming raw packaging materials.
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of deviations and problems related to label and packaging inventories; communicate all deviations or quality problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepare packaging materials (bags, clamshells, etc.) for future production cycles.
- Check quantity and quality of labels and packaging materials to ensure compliance with standards; report any food safety issues to staff
- Follow all applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) and take precautions when using chemicals.
- Prepare and package allografts according to customer needs and appropriate storage guidelines.
- Coordinate sterilization, testing, labeling and proper storage of allografts. Inspect, label and manage allograft inventory
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures, batch records, equipment registers and other documents related to the history or traceability of tasks performed, as well as to the realization of special projects.
- Provide general support to production and quality assurance teams and report any unsafe conditions to the production supervisor.
- Maintain all computer and labeling technologies, and report any problems to the supervisor or IT department.
- Ensure compliance with GMPs, SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Other fundamental expectations defined by the company
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Great attention to detail
- Experience in product labeling is preferrred
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Data entry skills - accuracy is key
- Availability and adaptability to work fluctuating schedules, if required.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- The candidate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Some operations require you to bend over, stand for long hours, push and/or pull objects towards a machine or onto a cart.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices, health and safety, and food safety.
- Numerical, mathematical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and task accuracy, and a strong sense of follow-through.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to demonstrate leadership when necessary.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record and reference check.