Packaging/Processing Team Lead
Friday to Monday (40 hours)
**$21.50/hour + Weekend Premium
Reporting to the Finished Product Supervisor, the Packaging Team Leader is responsible for all tasks related to the production line, primarily related to packaging, printing, and inventory management. They ensure the quality of production and its smooth operation to meet customer expectations.
- Coordinate and assign daily tasks for the processing/packaging team.
- Hang the product in dry rooms.
- Monitor product and environmental conditions in dry rooms.
- Contribute to the production of dry treatments by ensuring that teams adhere to systems, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor production checkpoints and equipment, as well as supervise personnel and resources to ensure quality standards are met.
- Daily implementation of cost reductions and the development of reporting procedures and systems.
- Facilitate troubleshooting in the production process.
- Maintain quality control by adhering to organizational standards and working closely with the quality assurance team.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by educating and directing staff on the use of all checkpoints, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure the replacement of various production positions as needed.
- Promote and ensure that safe work procedures and practices are always followed (health and safety, PPE, dress code, etc.).
- Access the secure room for final product storage and the collection of green waste, including proper documentation practices.
- Communicate with external departments to organize daily operations.
- Supervise hand or machine trimming of products to prepare them for the next processing step.
- Report any ventilation and equipment issues to the appropriate authorities.
- Ensure general maintenance of tools, technical equipment, and production facilities.
- Monitor inventory levels and report material, supply, or tool needs.
- Maintain consistently high levels of cleanliness and sterility within the production area and facility, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure.
- Follow all standard operating procedures related to daily activities to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Complete all physical and/or electronic documentation to meet company requirements. Other duties as needed.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Experience in team management.
- Safety certifications (CPR, first aid, etc.) are an asset.
- Work experience in an industrial facility is an asset.
- Intermediate spoken French.
- Basic mathematics. Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Manual dexterity when using scissors, shears, and clippers.
- Ability to stay organized and follow standard operating procedures to ensure product consistency.
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed.
- Willingness to work in a confined and noisy space.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset (French, English)