The Product Developer will participate in the creation and execution of new and improved/modified products. The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, team oriented, personally accountable, enjoy a fast-paced environment and must enjoy the hands-on nature of the job that will require involvement in both pilot and plant activities. A passion for cannabis science and technology together with the ability to translate theory to practice are critical. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of cannabis research & development.
- Conduct required bench top and/or pilot plant experiments in the development of new products and/or product renovations and/or new processes for the experimental plan, conduct experiments and produce documentation.
- Build the administrative skills necessary to create product specifications and applicable SOPs.
- Coordination of new product launches between departments, including hands-on training of the operational team to ensure smooth start-up.
- Establish strong relationships within cross-functional teams to deliver products that meet business needs.
- Drive the continuous improvement on product development processes and technology to proactively address and solve potential issues prior to them becoming critical.
- Understanding of competitive products by retail audit and product analysis / evaluation.
- Participate in presentation of new or modified products to Marketing and recommend the ‘next steps’ for follow-up activity.
- Maintain project files to ensure collection and knowledge/learning transfer.
- Interface with and leverage the supplier community to achieve project goals.
- Consult technical resources (literature, technical papers, academia, suppliers) to further product knowledge and apply the learning to execute projects.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Self-motivated, accountable, problem-solver and team oriented.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; clearly communicate product updates to key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement actions.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science/Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience.
- Experience in consumer goods, cannabis and/or related industry.
- Experience leading projects, product design, product training and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to travel to our plant in Huntington 2-3 times per week
- Ability to travel to other locations, as business needs arise
- We cherish Québec’s culture and values.
- We believe cannabis can help Quebecers and Canadians live better lives.
- We take pride in family, friends and living full, balanced lives.
- Safety and security is critical to the success our business.
- We currently work from two locations in Québec: A 55,000 square-foot cutting-edge facility in Huntingdon and new offices in Montréal’s Villeray neighbourhood.
- Our executives have world-leading experience in government regulated industries.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please note that only applicable candidates with be contacted.